I recently decided to finally install my FTM-10SR radio on the Multistrada 1200. The only catch is that I wanted to integrate it with the Starcom1 Digital intercom system I had purchased.
[more notes to come]
I had quite a bit of trouble getting this working and it isn’t finished just yet. I still have to tune the trimmers for best audio and finish moving the antennas to their final home, but in the interest of starting to document all this – here is the schematic for the build. The intercom manufacturer indicated that the radio was completely incompatible with the intercom – which I refused to believe but I did have to spend quite a bit of time figuring out how PTT was signaled from the intercom to the radio. (reference single-line PTT pages here -todo).
To add / write:
- Interface cables and pinouts
- Pointers to single line PTT reference pages
- Pointer to autocom interface circuit built by others
- Pointer to manhattan construction technique
- Photos of build
- T2-301 installation notes
- Photos of installation (ugly!) and the antenna mounting — not so good yet.