Sometimes some amateur radio happens around here. I
have had a couple Yaesu radios: An FT-817ND and VX-8DR.(Both for sale on ebay)
Now my shack consists of:
- An Elecraft K3/100 (no Sub RX yet);
- P3 Panadaptor, and;
- A triband fan dipole.
Mobile, I operate a beatup Yaesu FTM-1805 and a Kenwood TM-D710a (motorcycle mobile). The autocom interface in custom built and I am still getting it dialed in for noise immunity.
For portable operations I have:
- A Kenwood TH-D72 (2m/70cm FM + APRS)
- An Arrow 2m/70cm yagi antenna for satellite work
- An Elecraft KX3 (HF) + BL-2 Balun and lots of ‘wire’ for the antenna.
I’ve been experimenting with kits building and to date have built and operated the following:
- SoftRock Ensemble RxTx SDR Transceiver.
- NorCal QRP Power Meter - For sale.
- NorCal 2n2/40 with a KD1JV Digital Dial (still under construction)
- SoftRock Ensemble Lite 20m
- NE QRP SCAF Kit
More to come.