Sometimes some amateur radio happens around here.
I had a couple Yaesu radios:
Now my shack consists of:
- An Elecraft K3/100 (no Sub RX yet);
- An ANAN-10E SDR Transceiver and KPXA-100
- P3 Panadaptor, and;
- A StepIR SmallIR vertical.
Mobile, I operate a Kenwood TM-D710a (motorcycle mobile). The autocom interface in custom built and I am still getting it dialed in for noise immunity.
For portable operations I have:
- A Kenwood TH-D72a (2m/70cm FM + APRS)
- A Kenwood TH-D74a (+D-STAR)
- An Icom ID-51E for D-Star, 2m/70cm FM.
- A Connect Systems CS-700 UHF for DMR on the cheap.
- A Motorola DP4801 for DMR on the serious.
- An Arrow II 146⁄437-10WBP yagi antenna for satellite work
- An Elecraft KX3 (HF) + BL-2 Balun and lots of ‘wire’ for the antenna.
- An end-fed half-wave 40/20/10 LNR Trail friendly antenna.
- A KXPA100 amplifier, which usually gets airtime from home.
- A 6.6 AH LiPO 4S battery for portable power.
I’ve been experimenting with kits building and to date have built and operated the following among many others:
- SoftRock Ensemble RxTx SDR Transceiver
- NorCal QRP Power Meter - modified to run on 13.8V with LM317 and Anderson Powerpole connector.
- NorCal 2n2/40 with a KD1JV Digital Dial – still under construction.
- SoftRock Ensemble Lite 20m
- NE QRP SCAF Kit
I’m seriously looking at building:
- A Minima. I’ve seen quite a few great builds and know some of the builders personally.
- A custom local DMR/DV gateway.